Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ADOPT! Spotlight on Roxanne

There are still misconceptions about the American Staffordshire Terrier (aka Pit Bull), By no fault of its own, this breed has been linked to viciousness and aggressive tendencies.  Let's put the blame squarely where it belongs....on those jugheads who train this lovely breed to be destructive and cruel.  




I speak from experience. Our beautiful, dainty and loving Jazmine is an AST mix. She couldn't be further from destructive, mean or vicious. She is THE lapdog of our home. Jazzi would be content in your lap ALL day (I know this since the last time I was under the weather, as I recovered on the couch,she didn't budge from my side).  She has compassion that pours out of her. I mean just LOOK at that face!




Whenever we take our walks and people have "that" look on their face I try to dis-spell this myth by introducing them to Jazzi (next to couch-sitting, a pat on the head is her favorite thing).  It's funny at times because I have encountered plenty of little holy terrors on my dog walks. I wouldn't put my hands out to these dogs if you paid me.  I've noticed that this isn't due to the breed of the dog so much as it's about the dogs disposition. We've all encountered those dogs that (large or small) exude aggressiveness.  I've been growled at by all kinds: Poodles, Labradoodles, Chihuahuas, Collies, Terriers, you name it. Never once have I thought  "Oh, well - you know - it's a P-O-O-D-L-E". 

You will find that many of the ADOPT! spotlights are on the breeds we own. Our pack came to us. We didn't choose them for their breed, they chose us.  Once you determine that you're ready for the responsibility of a new furry family member, find them with your heart, you'll know them when you see them. Chances are they will spot you first!

ADOPT! Spotlight on Roxanne
 A beautiful Iowa farmgirl.
This gorgeous girl was found all by herself running the streets of Marshalltown, Iowa. She is a very playful dog, and would love to go home with a family that lives a very active life. Roxanne knows how to sit and to shake, and is food driven, likely making her fairly easy to train. Roxanne will be spayed, vaccinated, de-wormed, tested for heartworms, bathed, and micro-chipped upon adoption. To find out more about this beautiful girl contact:
Animal Rescue League, Marshalltown, IA (641)753-9046 or
 download an application from their
 website: www.arlmarshalltown.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci♥ J'adore your comments & I'll be sure to get back to you tout de suite!