Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Super Saver Wins Kentucky Derby

I would not be a true Kentuckian if I didn't share in the excitement of the 136th Kentucky Derby. As luck would have it, JD & I were having a leisurely lunch at a local restaurant which had all TV stations tuned to the days big event. Being a California girl who loves ice hockey (GO Ducks!!) I would intermittently lift my eyes from between bites of my scrumptious sandwich to see the names of the horses (as I know nothing of the sport but love the funny monikers). Those names kill me! After having a few giggles at the names for this years contenders I leaned over to JD and in my best "i've lived here for 4 years and through osmosis am now able to pick the Kentucky Derby winner" voice...I told JD "I love Ice Box (yum...food) but I think Super Saver will win". Uh huh. No, I placed no bets, however I could've lost my lunch when I heard that Super Saver DID win.

I believe that for the 2011 Kentucky Derby I will take my "
i've lived here for 5 years and through osmosis am now able to pick the Kentucky Derby winner" voice and run right to the nearest place to bet. Uhhhh... as soon as I find out where that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci♥ J'adore your comments & I'll be sure to get back to you tout de suite!