Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tales of Grand-mère on Pink Saturday

Anybody recall having one of these?
My Grand-mere, who lived with us when I was a petite fille, had a cookie jar just like this. She was an amazing baker & our fiole de biscuit/cookie jar was always filled with some sort of delightful homemade baked good. She always let me help her create those yummies. Typically I was armed with a large wooden spoon, a bowl, an apron & the desire to learn.

I can't tell you how floored I was when I recently came across this version of our old cookie jar. There I was just wandering around the Worlds Largest Yard Sale, taking it all in, when I rounded the corner & my eyes lo
cked onto my *soon to be* new jar! I swear I heard the angels choir & saw sunbeams stream down upon this little lovely.

Needless to say, I snapped it up quickly & it now sits proudly on top of our refrigerator...which is just where my Grand-mere would put it. Guess it's time to get out a wooden spoon, a bowl, an apron & whip up some some delectable confections!

3 comments:

  1. Cute cookie jar. Very colorful! And how great that it reminds you of your grand-mere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one time I think this was the most popular cookie jar around, Niki.

    Have a beautiful PS summer weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Merci♥ J'adore your comments & I'll be sure to get back to you tout de suite!