Friday, August 2, 2013

Celebrate your local Farmers Market



Farmers. What would we do without them?

 Mr. Mutt and I love our local Farmers Market. As a matter of fact when we travel we always try to find the local farmers market to source one or two meals. We've met the coolest people and have learned so much about different types of foods. And it's a great place to take your dogs or met other dog owners!

 

August 4th thru 10th is National Farmers Market Week.  If you haven't visited your local market  this a good time to give it a try.  These people love what they do and even better, love to tell you about it. 



 Want to know how to cook ramps, where that peach or apple came from, what the chicken on your plate was fed? These wonderful food custodians can tell you!  I've picked up some amazing recipes in our travels and am always excited about what new thing we will discover next. 
 
 
 I've included a few pictures I've taken during our travels (sadly, most of my pictures are gone due to a misunderstanding of my new external hard drive. I understood it would store my pics, it didn't understand that's what I wanted). Ah, electronics. Guess that just means I will have to take more pictures of Farmers Market trips!

Don't know where your local market is? 
Local Harvest has a great website that can help you out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci♥ J'adore your comments & I'll be sure to get back to you tout de suite!