Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dog Treat Recall - Pig Ears



Bravo! brand pig ear treats have been recalled due to their potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. This is a voluntary recall by Bravo! brands. For more information & batch codes please click here.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a growing trend for the pig ear treat industry. Several other manufacturers have had recalls earlier this year. Our pups certainly enjoy a tasty pig ear treat, from time to time, so I must say I am a bit concerned about this problem. I will try to stay on top of dog product recalls & report what I find here so we can all keep our favorite furbabies healthy & happy. In the meantime, be sure you know who manufactures your pets treats (big bin treats don't typically give this information). Feel free to ask, your pet store personnel, who makes the treats if they are unmarked.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I am so careful about what I feed Bentley.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete

Merci♥ J'adore your comments & I'll be sure to get back to you tout de suite!